A good number of Mummies have asked me about a Lactation Cookie Recipe. Although I have worked with some AWESOME lactation cookie companies..... sometimes just cooking your own is easier.
Below you will find a Lactation Cookie Recipe. Feel free to comment if you have tried it and tell me what you think!
What you need:
1 cup soften butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
1 cup MILLED Flaxseed Meal (Can lessen the amount to 1/2 cup if preferred.)
2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups of Flour (can use whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
3 cups of Oats ( NOT instant oatmeal)
1 cup (or more.... I always go more!) nuts, choco chips, white choco chips, raisins, peanut butter chips, coconut flakes, candy pieces (think Heath Bar Toffee.) You can add just about ANYTHING to this recipe. That is the best part! What ever tickles your fancy.... add it! (this is the EXTRA SPECIAL ingredient.)
2-4 tablespoons of Brewers Yeast
How you do it:
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees
2. Mix the Flaxseed Meal and water. Set aside for later.
3. Combine and beat butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar and eggs.
4. Add the Flaxseed Meal/water mix and add Vanilla to the butter and sugar mix.
5. Combine Flour, Brewers Yeast, Salt, Cinnamon and Baking Soda in a SEPARATE bowl.
6. Slowly add the DRY ingredients (Flour mixture) to the WET ingredients (butter/sugar mix)
7. Add the oats and any extra special ingredients.
8. Drop cookies into a greased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
To start with......Eat 3-4 cookies for the first 2-3 days. After that eat 2-3 cookies until you are happy with your supply (Days 4 and 5.) Then eat 1-2 cookies a day after that!
If you make these and change up the special ingredients.... let me know! I always in the mood for some cookies!
Good luck and happy cookie eating!!!!